Every year forums are expected to go on a retreat. At their best, these two to four day occasions strive to combine fun and learning in a comprehensive program that seamlessly honors both.
- Prior to retreat, I will have phone discussions with moderator, and the forum will sometimes complete an online survey. These data points allow for an informed sense of where the challenges lie, what may be off track.
- Based on this knowledge, I’m then able to design and craft relevant and timely exercises to address these issues, and help forum move to next level.
- Sometimes, if the forum has gotten off track, this involves a return to getting the basics of forum right. It can involve reconstituting either the structure or the spirit of forum, or both. Usually, along with revitalizing the core concepts, experiential learning exercises are deployed to deepen connection and enhance authenticity of sharing.
- I also often introduce learning models whose dynamics and practices equip members with new tools and skills both for forum and in other areas of their life.
- A great retreat is one in which the good times and deepening connection occur simultaneously.
- A high performing forum is dedicated to the shared vision of constantly becoming an ever greater, evolving group of excellence and depth. A powerful retreat experience supercharges this achievement.
Thank you for meeting with our forum. We were in a “make it or break it mode”. After taking the time to get recalibrated with our forum and recommitted to our goals, all of our members decided to stay with our forum. Since then, we have all put forth more intentional effort to prepare for our meetings and to go deeper in our presentations and updates. The value the members have been able to take away from our meetings has increased tremendously. I appreciate your help in getting us focused on the possibilities that we had in our forum that we had forgotten how to achieve. Thank you for your preparation for our meeting and for steering us to the realization that we wanted to achieve more and could achieve more from our forum experience.
David ReidPresidentVOX Printing Inc.Oklahoma City
I wanted to thank you for the training and coaching you conducted for our chapter. You were definitely the man for the job! I was very worried that one person wouldn’t be able to address all the different needs that our chapter had through a weeklong process with so many different forums. But your background and education proved to be EXACTLY what we needed. Your name continues to be brought up at our chapter events and we look forward to working together in the future. Thanks again for the successful training and moderating… let’s stay in touch.
Bryan DysonYPO Forum OfficerOKC Chapter
Bert stands out amongst other YPO facilitators I’ve experienced over the years. I would recommend his expertise highly to forums interested in a powerful learning experience. Bert brought a very thoughtful and client centered approach to our forum retreat. It was just what we needed. Amidst some standing challenges, he skillfully facilitated a raw and natural working-through process. Bert was pleasant, affordable and accommodating, and I would highly recommend him to others.
Steve RonnelForum ModeratorLittle Rock, Arkansas
Bert crafted an amazing YPO retreat experience, and he is a pleasure to work with altogether. We made great strides in creating a solid foundation for our group to build upon going forward. He makes magic seem so easy. Moreover, Bert’s communication skills are best in class. Whether your forum is well seasoned or just starting out, if you are stuck or you’re thriving, Bert will meet you where you are and take your group to the next stage.
Kathryn W. FrancisCEOKEW DrillingDallas
Bert’s teaching mastery unfolds naturally. He puts you at ease and you trust him right away. His well-developed sense of humor is complemented with a breadth of knowledge that makes learning a fun journey of discovery.
Doug ArmstrongModeratorBarbados Forum
Bert stands out amongst other YPO facilitators I’ve experienced over the years. I would recommend his expertise highly to forums interested in a powerful learning experience.
Eugene GarciaForum ModeratorSan Antonio